An exciting opportunity to join a well-established company on the outskirts of Clacton as a Trainee Building/Insurance Surveyor
Rapid Response Maintenance carry out all areas of property maintenance to a high standard. We manage reactive, emergency and planned insurance works for our clients.
The Trainee Building/Insurance Surveyor Role will be to learn how to carry out site surveying of domestic properties in relation to any domestic property insurance claims. To obtain and communicate the necessary data via our in-house system and surveying tool.
The Trainee Building/Insurance Surveyor will continue to schedule and manage the appropriate trades and materials to allow full re-reinstatement to properties that have suffered an insured peril (ie Fire, Flood and Escape of Water).
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience in a discipline related to construction or building; estimating or site surveying experience; within insurance repair related sector.
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Excellent communication skills for dealing with people at all levels
- A full UK driving licence is essential
- IT literate
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good analytical skills
- A diplomatic approach and good negotiating skills
- Ability to work within a small team, get on with colleagues but be energetic, self-motivated and able to take initiative
- Experience working within insurance networks.
- Good knowledge of building mythology and best practice
- Possess a surveying degree (although this is not essential) and have experience in a similar role within building maintenance.
- An understanding of the insurance claims protocols would be advantageous
You will receive experience and training in the following:
- Understand repair schedules and their specifications
- Ability to stay organized and maintain project records.
- Surveying and using scheduling tools to create scopes
- Using client portals
- Knowledge of site surveying, repair and re-instatement sequencing, construction methods and materials.
- Health & Safety Knowledge
- Job Management
- Use of online scoping tools
- Work within insurance team to meet KPI’s.
Own transport is essential!
It is important to be able to get yourself to work. Due to location and start times, public transport would be an unreliable option. Our Offices are located between Colchester and Clacton.
You will join an ambitious company who offer a competitive salary and full training will be provided with a solid career plan. Use of a Company vehicle will be provided after Induction.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30am - 5:30pm
Salary: Competitive dependent on experience
If you are dedicated and want to work within an interesting field, please apply now with your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are the ideal candidate.